Friday 2 August 2013

Day 22 - Near miss 4 little sis ;)

Cannot really believe I've reached Day 22 ! Today was Newport to Goodwick - nice easy low mileage, moderate terrain day. 

I was joined today by your little Sis ! Nerys arrived sprightly and eagerly at the crack of dawn and looking forward to her little stroll along the coast ;) 


Within a mile of the 'trek' I could hear strange squeaky sounds from behind - I don't think her knees and hips had experienced much exercise for a while mate ;) and they needed WD40 lol 
It was hilarious but fair play to her she kept plodding on and did a great job.

And being a well-organised female she also brought copious amounts of snackage !!!!  

About halfway into our walk, we had the pleasure of meeting Janet & Dave (a MND sufferer for last 12 months). The couple, from Kidwelly, were holidaying here and came to greet us. A perfect boost for us - coffee and welsh cakes! A lovely couple ho I hope to meet up with again when on the Kidwelly leg.
(I won't mention the little shortcut they found for us either !!)

The coffee must've gone to Nerys' head mate -  I wasn't going to alarm you, but we nearly blooming lost her !! In a half-hearted attempt to avoid the smallest of stingy nettles she decided to scare the beejeebies (new word!) out of me by stumbling towards the cliff edge !! 
I'm probably over dramatising things a little, but a couple of more steps to her right and I would've had some gruesome material for the blog ;)!!! 
But don't worry she's safe and hopefully soaking her weary legs by now ! 


It was really nice to have her company though and I think she kinda enjoyed the pain really! 

Although she is flagging in this photo:- 
(Were a few nasty little inclines !!)

She told me a few stories about you too, some of which I didn't know about ;) but we won't publish them don't worry !!!

So we had reached our destination and found a suitable watering hole for a much deserved beverage and some food. Unfortunately they didn't serve food so we improvised and visited the local chippy !! Luckily it started raining just as we had finished our walk ! But again the MNDA umbrella came in handy as a shield for my Bulmers!!


Gratefully, she was able to then drive me to my hostel for the night, cos that was another 6 miles away from where we stopped.

Tonight's hostel isn't as bad as yesterday's !! They have power sockets here for a start!! 

As I type this I await the arrival of some the boys, who are staying here too tonight in prep to walk with me tomorrow. But for now I think it's best I try and publish this blog when I have some limited Internet access etc. Any further stories ill add to tomorrow's ;)

It's been great today walking with Nerys and getting to hear her perspective of the entire situation etc. She, obviously, is very proud of her big brother and in awe of the strength both yourself and Tracy are displaying each day. 

You have a wonderful family around you mate.

Huge mention needed again for Rich Robinson today, his monumental beard-growth and head shave etc raised a fabulous £1600 towards our total. 

£10k is within touching distance now. Thankyou to everyone who has contributed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment