Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day 26 :- another good day !

Firstly an update on last night!
Took me 40 mins to walk back to the hostel in a dark country lane and I was bricking myself !! Bats flying everywhere and then out of nowhere from behind I saw some animal hurtling towards me!! Could've been a stray dog, a fox or even a bloody big badger !!! Either way I wasn't waiting for it to get to me so I imitated a snake (for some random reason!!) and hissed at it - it then started running back the other way!! 
But it kept doing this for about 10mins!! I did try upping my pace but flip flops don't really allow for that!


Eventually got back to the hostel! Tiptoed in, not to disturb Parky but failed miserably ! About half hour later of answering another 50 questions of his, I pretended to be asleep - I think he kept talking for at least another 10 mins before dropping off himself ;)

I awoke this morning to more scrutinising, but did eventually get back on the road! 

A dryer, more pleasant day today - buoyed along with news that I had passed my Welsh Exam too !!! Get in there! (Da Iawn to rest of my class too!)

The first 2/3 miles of my trip today were very familiar - oh yes ! That's right, I bloody walked it yesterday too whilst lost!!!
I did get to take in the views of Skomer & Skokholm islands - Bill Oddie would love this place, as its a bird-watchers paradise. Now, to me, a bird is a bird ! 

Random Cr@p joke alert:
What do you call a bird that's always out of breath ? - A puffin !!

I didn't fit in round here anyway, as i didn't own a pair of Binoculars! 

I then got to the picturesque little village of Dale. Perfect spot for coffee & carrot cake !!


The sun decided to surface this morning too (must have smelt my carrot cake!), but it was a welcomed ally - after the last few days.

No one walking with me today, so I took the opportunity to blast out a few tunes and bring out my air guitar ;)

Oh and Headley is still around too. Just doesn't like the rain ;)


The rest of the walk to Milford was pretty uneventful really. Even the sea views now are getting ignored ;( I could the see the industrious town of Milford in the distance most of my way around the peninsula which always helps. Having the end destination in sight somehow makes me walk a little quicker!!?

My abode this evening (Lord Nelson) is now free too, thanks to Jane & Amy Jones!! A nice bath, some pub grub (definitely putting weight on, not losing it as expected !) and a wide screen TV ! Luxury!

And to continue with the 'Justins getting spoilt' trend - Rhian has kindly offered to launder my kit !! Which is very much needed ;) I opened the ruck sack yesterday and I swear I saw one of the tshirts walk out of it on its on !!! Febreeze is too heavy to carry :) 

Ill treat myself tomorrow and wear a different top to that I've worn for the last 3 days !!!

We've reached the £8000 mark too mate, which is great. People are talking about MND - all we need now is for it to make a difference ! 

The hope remains, that one day the world will be free of this grotesque disease. We need to hold onto that hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hi mate

    I just wanted to write and tell you that Tracy has just read the last few days blogs to me in bed (been rough last few days) and we have both just laughed our heads off!!

    Kirsten was worried about you getting lost and honestly mate I can now see why!!

    But genuinely you are giving me (and lots of others) something to really smile and laugh about every day. Not just the fact that you are doing this amazing challenge and really are making a difference to awareness of MND but also because your adventures are so hilarious and heartwarming from the amount of people helping and supporting you and it's all just brilliant!

    Making memories is what we concentrate on doing as you know and we don't have the opportunity to do that now much but with this walk, you are helping us make a special one with our family and friends.

    Well done....and yep you guessed it, keep walking!!

    Gareth

    Ps what day are you wearing that lovely red shirt.......?!


    ReplyDelete