Monday 22 July 2013

Day 12 - Danglers & Detours

Latest news  - Royal Baby blah blah blah - they're not calling it Justin so who cares.

In other news :-
• Still no sightings of Flag number 1 :(
• I still can't read maps
• I haven't had a Starbucks for 12 days!
• Have avoided run-ins with farm animals for at least 48 hours now.........
• We are still kicking MND butt !

Day 12 - Harlech to Barmouth

Thanks to my chauffeur (thanks Paula), I got back to my start point nice and early and set off for Barmouth. A tasking start saw me take in a couple of miles of beach and then up & over Harlech cliff !


Bag felt heavier today for some reason, I think my back is begging me not to carry it anymore ;)

Had a real battle with the coastal path today too.
Poor signage, uneven terrain, forced diversions and double backs all contributed to a very frustrating ramble !!
I even had to contend with a bloody sewage swamp! 

Eventually got to Llanbedr where my backs' prayers were answered ! Daisy (yep from Day 1 !) had kindly offered to pick it up on her way to Mike (her dad) and Debbie's place - my hotel for the evening. And trust me, my walk today would've probably taken an extra hr or 2 had I not offloaded it !!

Having lightened the load I continued on my journey. 

I found something to do whilst taking a break ;)

As I casually continued along the beach at Morfa, I came across some very  bizarre sights indeed - I was in fact strolling through a nudist colony !!!
(obviously didn't take any photos at this point ! so use you're imagination)

They (the danglers !) we're coming from all angles - I daren't look at anyone ;) I'm just glad I hadn't eaten a full breakfast !

And sorry mate, no I didn't embarrass myself and air my crown jewels too ! Too many seagulls hovering above !!!

So, having recovered from the horror show I had just found myself walking through, I eventually reached Barmouth promenade !!


Oh - forgot to say ! They don't feed their horses very well up here mate :-

I was met by Daisy (hope you're blister is ok ??) and Mike who took us back to their home village, where unbeknown to me, the locals had been busy collecting donations all day !!! Fantastic!


We then, together with Debbie shared a lovely meal and a few cheeky ciders ;). In fact I got really spoilt because I was even able to have rugby conversations with Mr Silcock !!!

Today's been a tough one but its history now, Day 13 beckons. One third of challenge completed !!!

Please don't get down mate, keep your spirits lifted, hundreds of good people behind you. 

Ill speak to you tomorrow.
(Ill introduce you to Headley tomorrow too)

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus


No comments:

Post a Comment