Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day 13 - 3rd done !

Woke up this morning not wanting to open curtains for fear of seeing rain ! I didn't fancy getting soaked today (I think you need to be in a certain mood to get a drenching - and today I was not in that mood!!)
Luckily it was dry !! 
Another very comfortable nights sleep meant I had no excuses today whatsoever. 

Day 13 has arrived so quickly, looking back at the photos I've taken etc everything seems so long ago ! That's fatigue kicking in probably!

So my walking partner for today was Mike Silcock (used to play rugby with Fran Cotton & Bill Beaumont this guy !!)


The little fella in yellow is "Headley" - my new adopted friend (courtesy of the Silcocks!) Watch out for Headley in future blogs !!

Now is a great time to thank Mike, Deb and Daisy for their wonderful hospitality last night ! Anybody wishing to holiday up here need to look theses guys up - they have a fabulous holiday home !

So, having again been spoilt by my hosts, me and Mike started our trek to Llwyngwril. 
(Unconfirmed!!) but I think today, myself and Mike were the first people to walk across the (yet to be completed) new coastal path at Penrhyn point, Fairbourne. 


We had a great walk to our destination today and even managed to collect a few donations enroute (thanks to Mikes' gentle persuartion) 

We reached Llwyngwril, thanks to some homemade 'Welsh Succulent Ham' sandwiches !!!


We got stopped by a few people on the way today and they asked about my motivation behind my walk. 

Gar, it was a privilege to tell complete strangers about how great a bloke you are ! It's easy for me to describe you, you're a guy who has always been a good friend to many people, a great father, and a fantastic husband. I'm seriously filled with pride to call you a friend. 

Everyone I've spoke to you about you asks me how you are - stupid question really ! 
But I tell them how it is - you're still fighting and more importantly you're still high in spirits. You epitomise everything there is to know about strength and belief mate. I'm probably getting a little soft now and that's not my intention - just want you to know how proud I, and everyone else, is of you. 

I spoke to Mrs H-D earlier and she said i  sounded wrecked - in truth I probably am - but I've done 13 days now and am more motivated than ever mate. 

You're my motivation and I won't stop. And all your supporters will not stop either - we are, and always will be 110% behind you. 

PS : I would like to thank Cath & Lee for hosting me this evening. The village of Fairbourne has been magnificent in welcoming me (thanks to Mike & Caths' endeavours). 



No comments:

Post a Comment