Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day 14 - Fortnight Completed !

Was woken by the 6am train to Aberystwyth, it was so loud I thought it was coming through the window !!!! (If it had, I would've jumped on it !!)

It had rained through the night and I must have been up till 3am doing whatever the opposite of a raindance is ! (sun dance?) but again bright blue skies were waiting for me as I rose.
Plus what is turning into a tradition I had a nice little incline to walk up first off! 

(Calling this a coastal path has to be false advertising!!)

Another couple of miles over farm land ensued, avoiding all cow-like animals ;) What I couldn't avoid though was the sheep poo (for the younger blog viewers !) - it was everywhere mate - thought I was walking across the pitch at Anfield to be honest (chuckle chuckle!)

In desperation of getting out of the fields as quickly as possibly I contemplated wheelie-ing down the mountain on this bad boy:-
(One wheel better than none !)

Having cleared the fields and dropped back down along the coast, the breeze was welcomed and the path became less demanding. Even Headley got to enjoy the fresh air:-

Got into Tywyn, resisted the temptation to sign up for this little test too:-

Found somewhere to eat (and yep obviously drink!), before crashing out at accommodation - which by way is well freaky! Its run by a bunch of delinquent pensioners, the decor matches that of my grandmas home from the 70s and my blooming freeview TV doesn't work !!!! (And I've had to pay to lie here looking at this obscene decor !!!!)



But that's it - 2 weeks completed !
(I'm struggling to even bust out a smile here!)

Spookily, the 2 weeks have flown by. 
It's been a 'journey', that's for sure.

I've endured a heatwave, had a few blisters, ripped one blister off, paid A&E a quick visit, been bitten alive by horseflies, got lost (on numerous occasions), spotted dolphins and seals (and a dead crab), been humiliated on stage by a Drag Queen, been attacked by a bull(cow?), lost a flag and met loads of new friends for life ! 
More to the point we've raised almost £6.5k already ! Awareness has gone viral, and blog viewing figures have increased (by 5!)

Can't wait to see how the remaining 3 weeks pans out...........

Half way through my walk today, Tracy posted up the below picture of you, Kieran and Scarlett - what a fabulous photo it is mate - Scarlett has your cheekiness for sure :) 

And your t-shirts describes you to a tee!!

2 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog - I know Angela South who used to work with Gareth and we are going to come and walk with you on the last bit. Such a moving, touching and inspiring thing to do for your friend, so sad to hear Gareth's story from Ange who knows him well. Good luck to you and see you later on in your trek. All the best Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mate

    Apologies I haven't written for a few days.....truth be told been a bit down but Tracy has given me a good talking to (wives eh?!).

    Also the mother in law arrived on Wednesday! Apparently you are the topic of conversation every morning at her work back in England....everyone we see around here talks about what you're doing, I don't think there's anyone in Bridgend who doesn't know about your walk if not South Wales!

    You are also reaching North Wales, Mid Wales, England, America........regardless of how much money you're raising so many people are talking about MND, asking about it, aware of it and that's all down to your idea which we first talked about in January! It is truly incredible mate!

    You have raised an unbelievable amount of awareness of MND in Wales and got so many people talking about MND. I can't tell you what it means to me that this is all happening and that you have made it happen for me. (Big manly hug/pat on the back).

    I can see you're getting tired each day and whenever Tracy asks me want I want to say its always the same 'Well Done...Keep Going!"

    So I want to tell you that so many people are behind you back here, thinking about you, willing you on, waiting for your blog every night (what will we do without it when you're finished!).

    We can't wait to welcome you home but also love hearing whats happened to you on your journey. Hearing all the details and being in touch with you makes me feel a part of what you are doing and I Thankyou mate from the bottom of my heart.

    Keep going!!
    Gareth

    Ps glad you liked the photo!



    ReplyDelete