Tuesday 30 July 2013

Day 19 - A restful boost !

Was great to wake up today knowing I didn't have any walking to do !

I awoke to seagulls and the waves were literally 50 yards away - a tremendous inn this Pentre Arms is, would definitely recommend to all. 

Then my beautiful family arrived. 
Other than an initial rain shower, the day stayed bright and the children spent practically all of it on the beach!


Today has been a huge lift for me. Seeing these guys has made me realise even more about the importance of what I'm doing.
Today has reemphasised the importance of having people around you who care for you.

I can be an extremely selfish 'so and so' at times, I guess we all can. I don't and most other people don't, realise how important families truly are. 

Families are life, and unfortunately MND tries to rip that family ethic apart. 

Well, it's spectacularly failed to rip your sense of family spirit up mate !

Watching Tracy, Kieran and Scarlett as they're around you only goes to prove that. Your love for them has never been questioned and will remain eternal.

Don't want to simply fill this blog with sentimental fluffiness, I just want people to stop and think for a minute and put themselves in your shoes. 
My message to the readers would be this "If you love your children, your spouse, your family - tell them, show them more often than you do - when you're able to. 

Not being physically able to do this must be the hardest thing. 

Of course, your family Gar do know how much you care for them and how grateful you are for them being there - but how many of the rest us really know that for sure?

Sorry mate, got carried away there.

So, unfortunately I had to say goodbye to them again, but as I said, it's been a great day and I loved watching them fooling around on the sand - makes me want to finish this thing ASAP and get back home!

That's it for rest days - I think the hard work starts here now! A little under 3 weeks to go and I'm even more confident  that we can spread even more awareness and raise even more funds! I'm 120% into this fight, ill probably continue to moan (a little!) and have hard days but it won't stop me. 


Next stop - Cardigan !

A reminder to all why we're doing this:

Lets exterminate this monster !!

Spread the word please guys:-

www.walk4mnd.com

If anyone knows anyone in the media, any contact etc - lets get into them !!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mate

    So glad you had such an amazing day with your family, you so deserve it! They have sacrificed a lot to enable you to complete this challenge too and Tracy and I really appreciate what you always have done and are now doing as a family for us.

    Talking of family as you mentioned it here too.... yes, our unit of four has always had very strong bonds and MND has not managed to pull us apart, in actual fact it's made us stronger than ever.

    Our children are amazing at what they do to help me and have adapted to our ever changing situation as only children can, with complete honesty, kindness, humour and love. Nothing or no one will ever break our bonds or know what we have been through as a family and I am grateful every day that we are all so close.

    And I agree with you....tell your family you love them every day! I used to a lot but now I do every night in case I'm not there in the morning.

    As always......well done mate and keep walking!!

    Gareth

    ReplyDelete