Friday 19 July 2013

Day 8 - Low mileage & High temperatures

Before I forget :- had a message from an old school friend, she recalls you in school :- "He used to sit behind me in Mr Llewellyn's maths class and was always winding me up" - I bet that doesn't surprise you Tracy !!?? 
A certain cheeky persona you possessed Mr H !! In fact, if anyone else can confirm that Gar was no angel in school, please feel free to pass comments ;) 

Today was supposed to be my 'easy day'. Well, clambering up the amazon rain forest wasn't the most welcomed start! 


Guttingly missed Lucas' nursery graduation this morning too, so blasphemed my way to the top :)!!!

I somehow found my way to the summit of Llanbedrog Head and my reward was this fabulous view:

(Flying the flag for MND!!!)

Coming down the other side, I buckled over my ankle and instantly feared the worse - alas I simply had to man up - no damage - carry on Justin you mule!

Llanbedrog & Abersoch are yet more hidden gems. 


I found some shade and chillaxed for a few hours, before meeting my next new friend - Sarah O'Loughlin (@PinkpinkSarah)


Sarah lost her father to the disease recently and is a very active member of the MND community who strives to do as much fundraising as she can. 

People like Sarah, who have suffered devastation continue to amaze me with their strength and determination to rid the world of this horror. 
I always feel humbled meeting sufferers and their families, I'm simply an outsider to the disease, I wil never comprehend the pain they go through. But it is hoped though that through events like this walk, some comfort can be taken from the fact that people do care and will do whatever it takes to help find a cure. I hope this afternoon went well for you & your family Sarah x

I then continued my short journey to Pwlhelli. 
Desperately needing the loo, I popped into the golf club enroute - only to emerge an hour later (no I didn't need prolonged time on the pan - I found the bar !!)

Pwlhelli is a novelty - it has an Asda !!! Which I where I picked up my supper (and YES mum I am eating properly!)
Had to turn down my mates chip shop too! (I am an athlete after all LMAO)


Massive thanks to my hosts Y Castell, for their generous donation of a free bed. I say a free bed, in fact they gave me 4 double beds !!!! :-


If anyone is silly enough to mimic me and walk the coastal path - look up Y Castell !!

Sleeping is gonna be troublesome though tonight cos the temperatures are still soaring !!! And the prospect of 2 18+ milers over weekend doesn't fill me with enthusiasm!! Looking forward to my rest day on Monday !

Before I clock off for the night, I need to mention a very special friend of yours and Tracys - Richie Robinson. This guy has and still is raising a staggering amount of money for MND and you in particular. He is a great bloke and it is a privilege to know him. Richie, you are and always will  be a truly unique friend to Gareth. I, sir, would sincerely like to thank you for continuing to be there - always. Legend.
(Shame to see that Terry Waite beard disappear though !)

Goodnight Gar.
(Everyone I speak to about you, sends you their love fella).


1 comment:

  1. Hi mate

    Tracy here - erh yeah, cheeky Mr Hayes definitely! That's where our four year old daughter gets it from for sure and one of the reasons I fell in love with him.

    Gareth - Have no idea what's you're all on about......

    Am humbled by the fact that you are missing one of your children's milestones to do this......I know you don't want thanks but your commitment is amazing.

    Will you please quit trying to injure yourself?! We're all on pins hoping you're ok. Tracy says - just man up, you'll have man flu next! ;)

    You are not an outsider to this disease, you've witnessed what it's done to me and as a result my family and friends. It's hard for me to go through but also hard to see the impact it has on people who care about me. I never want to hurt anyone and yet I am and am powerless to stop it. Life sucks.

    Mr Richie Robinson - all I can say is that you are a Legend! Enough said ;)

    Goodnight Mr J H-D!
    Gareth



    ReplyDelete