Tuesday 16 July 2013

Day 5 - Renewed Motivation

Hi mate,

10.30am update:-

I've woke up this morning with plenty of zest and raring to go. Foot is starting to harden up a little so it's less painful by the day. Rammed some Weetabix down me and set off from Clynnog to Tudweiliog. Would like to thank Sue & Terry Gibbons at Yr Hen Ysgol for their hospitality and initial lift back down the mountain !!


The heat is well and truly back today too, so ready for another hard slog.

12pm update:-

iPod tune of the day - Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol) - had it on repeat for about 40mins !

8pm update:-

That's Day 5 all wrapped up mate !!! Foot ok, bit hot etc but some remarkable scenery around the Llyn Peninsula perked me up! 
Also got to drink in the "3rd best beach bar in the world" today - Ty Coch ! - great views across the Irish Sea etc and a fantastic little bar! Unfortunately I couldn't stay there all day and had to move on (gutted sighs......)

I eventually got to Tudweiliog which was just off the coastal path (mile or so!), got stopped by Gwylan. Gwylan was a local resident who was very concerned over the amount I was carrying on my back :) She kindly offered me water and then continued to lecture me on the dangers of over-exertion in the heat. I assured her I was fine and that although I may have looked like a heavily-laden camel, I was in fact well and in good spirits!

Having escaped the wrath of Gwylan, I reached the promised-land - a pub, my bed for the night, the Lion Hotel. 


Unexpectedly, they kindy donated my room and breakfast free of charge - thankyou very much to the Lee family!!

A prolonged shower, quick power nap, and a bit of grub sorted me out! Oh and these helped :- 

(A fruit theme going on there....... 5 a day and all that :)

I'm feeling a lot better today, more positive! Apologies if yesterday's blog was a tad negative. 

As I approach the end of week 1, I think the main objective of raising awareness is working (I hope).

If you're reading this guys, take just 5 minutes to speak to a friend about MND, post a link on Facebook/twitter to the MNDA website - people need to know about this. 

Oh and while you're at !! Ask that friend to part with a couple of £s for www.walk4mnd.com (plug plug !!)
Its easy to text WMND50 £5 to 70077 !!

We're getting loads of good luck messages, tweets, FB posts mate wishing us well. There's a hell of a lot of people out there who care for you and are willing to help spread awareness. 

Catch up with you tomorrow mate!

Ps - my face currently resembles a beef tomato ! (Note to self - apply sun cream!)


2 comments:

  1. Wife is desperately trying to post on here! Lets see if this works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mate!! My techno-phobe wife has finally worked out how to post a comment on here!

    As I've said before, I honestly can't believe you're doing this for me, you've always been a nutta and I think you're mad!

    You (& Kirsten) have had the courage to stick with me and my family through the horrendous journey I've been on since being diagnosed almost 3years ago now and both Tracy and I cherish your friendship and the dedication you've shown.

    Are you sure you knew what you were doing?! Blisters, A&E, mountains.....in the first 5 days! Don't apologise for yesterday, you've done brilliantly and I'm sure you'll have some down days. Unlike me I'm always happy (Tracy coughing very loudly for some reason now!)

    Seriously the amount of awareness you have created is amazing, it's brilliant that you are reaching so many people to make them sit up and take notice of this bastard of a disease.

    Ps watch the hairline, plenty of sun cream!!



    ReplyDelete