Thursday 11 July 2013

Intro


Right then mate, not sure how this is going to work etc but thought it would be a good idea to 'blog' my journey around the country!!

I get to share my experiences, the highs and lows and you get to take the p*** out of me ! There's bound to be times when I need to swear, so I'll apologise in advance and suggest screening my posts before little 'uns read them!

It's exactly one week before I get to my start point - Prestatyn, North Wales. There's a million of different things I still need to do and sort etc but you know me - haphazard and spontaneous are apt descriptors!

Before we start - I need to make something very clear to those who can be bothered to read this. This walk, this challenge, is NOT about me - this is ALL about raising awareness for the cruel bas**rd that is Motor Neurone Disease!

For more info on why I'm doing this pls visit www.walk4mnd.com

People, who are not directly affected by the disease, do not know what MND is ! And if they have heard of it, they certainly don't realise the devastating impact it has on the lives of sufferers and their families.

The ignorance is the frustrating thing !

I knew nothing about MND either before you got diagnosed. I've followed you on your journey and have unfortunately witnessed the damaging effect it has had - people need to know about it - this disease has no cure, there is currently no 'possible miracle' for the sufferer to pin their hopes on !!

I hope to get that message out there, but need your help to spread this awareness. It is not my intention to offend or upset anyone in writing these posts, I will simply aim to educate and reiterate to the readers what MND really is. 

I'm walking 650 miles over 33 days - so I'm expecting issues along the way obviously. I get lost in Tescos, god knows what i'll be like left alone on a coastal path!!
Can't imagine the psychological impact a rainy day will have on me !!

I won't actually be alone all the time. A lot of very kind-hearted people have already volunteered to support me and accompany along certain routes.
This blog will also give me the opportunity to publicly thank them for their support.

So strap yourself in mate, prepare to chuckle at my misfortunes and join me on what is sure to be an interesting 35 days !

Prestatyn - I'm coming to get you.......



No comments:

Post a Comment