Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 3 - Early Carnage!

8am 
Woke up this morning hoping yesterday's
incident was a dream ! Unfortunately the gaping flesh wound was still there.

Oh well don't like doing things the easy way anyhow.....

After a hearty cooked breakfast (thanks again Llys-y-Coed) I set off for Caernarfon. 
Apprehensive ? Yes, In Pain ? oh Yes - was it gonna stop me No!

Stubbornness is probably one of the traits we share mate. And anyhow you know I love a drama !


5pm update :-

Succumbed and took a detour to Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor (that's Hospital to non Welsh reader :) - luckily was seen quite quickly (obviously my charm !) 
Nurse confirmed no infection in foot (yet) and bandaged it all up etc. 

Some peace of mind, but to be honest I didn't expect the psychological battles this early on in my challenge !

Quick pint (doctors orders!) and I was back on my way to finish the remaining 9 miles for today.

7pm update :-
I'm sure I lost the coastal path a few times, cos I didn't see a sign for at least an hour and a half!!
Whacked the iPod on today to take mind off the foot - didn't help though as I broke into several random dance moves lol!!!

Staying in TravelLodge tonight courtesy of Phil Morgan (many thanks mate!).
The receptionist obviously saw the extent of my weariness - she instantly swapped my room for one with a bath! 
Nice cold bath, redressed the 25 plasters I seem to have on and smothered myself in bioFreeze (thanks Kris T!).

Tomorrow I ONLY have approx 16 miles to do, so gonna get up early and try to avoid some of the heat!

Then I remembered what loads of people have been advising me - take in fluids - so I've just grabbed another pint by the harbour !


Hope you're ok mate, be assured I'm doing my utmost to reach out to people along the way - I've even tried wearing the cap backwards to give the PJ & Duncan look !!


Tomorrow is another day. Another day that we fight MND !

I found an apt quote:-
"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others I can kill"

PS - JustGiving total now nearing £3500 ! Spread the word peeps !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment